Food items you'll need:
- 1 cup greek or regular (I like to use greek) yogurt fruit flavour of your choosing (ex. strawberry or blueberry)
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 tbsp honey
Look, we all know that sometimes we really don't feel like making our breakfast heathly and full of protein. We also know that we usually don't end up having the best morning if we weren't filled up at breakfast. Here is what to add to the smoothie if you feel like adding some protein to fill 'er up!
- 2 tbsp Hemphearts (you can usually buy bags of this at your local healthfood store. Don't worry it's NOT made of hearts. This is kind of like a grain, but it's GREAT in smoothies. You don't even notice it!)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (you can also buy this at the local healthfood store)
- 1 Blender or Food processer (I usually use my magic bullet blender)
- Tall glass OR if you are taking this smoothie to go, you'll need a thermos or portable travelling cup.
1. Put your yogurt in blender/food processer. If your berries are frozen, microwave them on defrost setting for 1 minute. Or if you don't have a microwave, let sit out for a while until there is juice melting from them.
2. Add your berries to the yogurt, as well as your half of a banana and 1 tbsp honey.
3. Blend everything until smooth. When smooth, take your tall glass or travelling cup and spatula and carefully pour all of smoothie into glass, using the spatula to take out excess smoothie on sides of blender/food proscesser. Eat (or drink. or whatever you call it! :)
And there you go. For fun and different ideas, try adding 1/2 cup canned peaches or another soft fruit you enjoy!